Secure Pass ID Cards
Secure Pass IDs are available to all New York attorneys. Purchasing a Secure Pass is completely voluntary, but having one allows the holder to enter New York State courthouses without having to pass through magnetometers.
All applicants must pay a $50.00 processing fee and undergo a thorough application process, including an electronic criminal history search, before being issued a Secure Pass.
Secure Pass ID cards are valid for approximately five years and must then be renewed. Applicants may now apply for renewals electronically.
Hard-copy applications for Secure Pass IDs are available at most trial-level New York State courthouses. All first-time applicants must appear in person to both apply for and pick up the completed card. The processing time between application and delivery of the card is approximately 4-6 weeks.
Online Secure Pass Renewals
- Attorneys may renew their Secure Pass ID Cards online.
- ID Cards will now remain valid for 5 years
- Cost for ID Cards will increase to $50.00
- Online renewals will use current photo on file
- Online renewals will require only a single courthouse visit to pick-up the new ID Card and verify identity
- Note: Attorneys applying for their first Secure Pass ID Card MUST continue to use the paper form and submit in person and pick-up in person.
Please bring the following to the courthouse when applying in-person for the card:
- $50.00 Payment – by check or money order (payable to NYS Office of Court Administration) – or – credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express)